Camp Half Blood

Welcome to Camp Half Blood, home to children of the Greek Gods! Roleplay here, or even discuss the books! Also you may join Camp Jupiter/New Rome.

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

BUT THIS, IS NOT ALLOWED (Andrea has a nightmare) YOU'RE UNINVITED, AN UNFORTUNATE SIGHT

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Andrea
Admin

PostSubject: BUT THIS, IS NOT ALLOWED (Andrea has a nightmare) YOU'RE UNINVITED, AN UNFORTUNATE SIGHT   Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:38 pm

It had been a long day, but a normal one. Training with swords, introducing some new tactics, and I drifted into sleep almost immediately, feeling rather safe near Nicole and Lex. But what I was in for, no monster could have prepared me for, nor Chiron's words, not all of Mother's wisdom. Nothing could prepare me for this.

Nothing could prepare me for her.

Immediately I was somewhere else, like an architect's final dream- Buildings carefully crafted, that could probably be very admirable if it wasn't night. But it was, and the buildings loomed overhead, threatening as if to suppress you, fall and crush you failed.

Something about the place made me feel wrong, like a thousand spiders were covering me. I did not belong here. My heart rate started picking up, my breathing increased, and that was when I saw her.

A blonde, standing in front of me, standing almost exactly my height, built just like me. Her grey eyes flashed. "Who are you?" She demanded, and I felt unease like never before. "Where- Where am I?" She regarded me wearily, with a cold air, as if I were a new type of fungus growing between toes. Fascinating, but disgusting. "You're- You're not allowed here. You're uninvited." I shook my head as she kept staring me down. "Like anyone would be, I am flattered by your fascination with me. But where am I?" She shook her head. "I... may think you unworthy. I'd need some time to deliberate. But welcome to New Rome."

jupitertheothersmyenemynominervaparthenonromansrome! A million words flashed through my mind, and she seemed to be coming to the same conclusions. "No," She suddenly spoke, "Graecus. You're a Greek. You can't be here. This- this is not right." I agreed, but why I was here baffled me. "You- You're Roman, obviously, but your eyes. Minerva... Are you-"
"SHUT UP! JUST SHUT YOUR FLAPPING MAW." She burst out, and her eyes- They were just like mine, rolling and flashing at the peak of her emotion. "She isn't my mother," She spat the word, "Bellona is. Bellona should be. Bellona..." Was she crying? "Alright, Bellona, whatever. Though it's vaguely exciting the stoic squirm. Anyways, we're here for a reason, right? We're connected-" "No. It can't be so. I'm not connected to some weak little Greek, which comes from a country that couldn't even protect itself, its little temple at Athens, nor the city herself. All of them needed to learn to bow down, and realize their patroness wasn't strong enough, smart enough to protect what she cared for most- The people. I bet-"

"ALRIGHT! Now it's your turn to shut up. You can take on a daughter of the patroness, eh? I'll take your Roman pride and shove it up your-" "Oh please," She interrupted, "You couldn't fight in that." I looked down and gasped- I was wearing a toga of mist, it appeared, which would ripple into feathers- Owl feathers, I suspected- For a brief second before turning back. But if I focused hard enough, I could see through the mist, to average skinny jeans, combats and a chiton-style shirt, common of me, which I hoped would really be there if we engaged in combat. "Really?" I countered, "I'll put that to the test, you pathetic ripoff of a once noble empire, before it moved to Italy." This had the intended effect, and she snarled before sending herself sprawling at me. She could fight well- She threw a well-timed punch aimed at my jaw, which I barely dodged, momentum sending her forward, my arm reaching out to help drive her to the ground. But just as fast, she swept her leg out, bringing me down as well. I rolled over, but she landed a knee just short of my kidney as we got up. I immediately used my extremely powerful legs to aim a kick to her shoulder, just as she aimed her elbow towards my stomach, landing the blow instead on my hipbone. Ow for both of us. We fought and fought, until I had the upper hand and began to walk away. But striking like a cobra, she wrapped her arm around my neck and began to pull back, forcing the air out of my lungs. With my last strength, I grabbed her arm, dropped to the ground and turned immediately to the right, sending her tumbling over me. Both of us fell in exhaustion, and as I looked at the sky and saw an owl, soaring over us with blazing eyes. Miranda, I suddenly knew she was, daughter of Minerva. I guessed she was born like me- A brain child with no father. With a final breath, I woke up screaming- Safe and sound at my cabin.

[i'd listen to uninvited by alanis morisette for the full effect.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camphalfblood.forumsmotion.com
Cain

PostSubject: Re: BUT THIS, IS NOT ALLOWED (Andrea has a nightmare) YOU'RE UNINVITED, AN UNFORTUNATE SIGHT   Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:41 am

ooc|| I seriously disapprove.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andrea
Admin

PostSubject: Re: BUT THIS, IS NOT ALLOWED (Andrea has a nightmare) YOU'RE UNINVITED, AN UNFORTUNATE SIGHT   Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:37 pm

ooc|| I seriously don't care.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camphalfblood.forumsmotion.com
Tessa.

PostSubject: Re: BUT THIS, IS NOT ALLOWED (Andrea has a nightmare) YOU'RE UNINVITED, AN UNFORTUNATE SIGHT   Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:05 pm

"Andrea?" I called as I walked into the Athena Cabin. Most other people were awake, and I was coming to warn that it was cleaning day. "Andrea, are you alright?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BUT THIS, IS NOT ALLOWED (Andrea has a nightmare) YOU'RE UNINVITED, AN UNFORTUNATE SIGHT   

Back to top Go down

BUT THIS, IS NOT ALLOWED (Andrea has a nightmare) YOU'RE UNINVITED, AN UNFORTUNATE SIGHT
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1